Our primary mission at Career Energy is to create content that comes from a real world and practical perspective. What better way to advise others in their careers than to hear from college students who are currently going through the career readiness process?
We’d be honored to have you share your experiences and advice on a recent project, lessons learned, or things that have worked and failed by writing an article for Career Energy. You will be given full credit for all work we publish.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity that allows college students to:
• Create a portfolio of published articles that will further your college and professional goals and help those who are striving to gain acceptance into a writing or journalism college program.
• Get first hand/real world experience of learning how to create original content that appeals to a specific audience. This experience is invaluable for those that are aspiring to become a writer that creates online content.
• Get a byline with your photograph and biography for each article you write, so readers can find out more about you and your work and add links to your social media profiles if you desire.
• Gain exposure through the promotion of your published articles on our main social media channels which are Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
What subjects could you write about?
There are countless ideas of subjects you could write about. We maintain an ongoing list of article ideas that we will share, but we of course welcome original ideas that you can bring to the table as well!
We publish articles for college students looking for career guidance and coaching in the following 4 categories:
- Career Discovery – Discover the career you were made for by staying true to your authentic self.
- Career Planning – Once you discover a potential career, it’s critical you properly plan for it.
- Career Development – It’s important that you develop the skills that will prepare you for your chosen career.
- Career Connect – You must actually engage and connect with your future career through real life experiences.
Who is the Career Energy audience?
The average reader profile for Career Energy are college students that are either in the process of planning for college, a career or both.
Our typical reader/customer possesses the following qualities:
1. College educated with an emphasis on 4 year degrees
2. A large majority hold student loan debt and are therefore highly motivated to make their career “pay off”
3. Seeking satisfaction and a rewarding experience in their career
4. 18-24 years old
6. Proportionate male/female ratio
7. Based in the United States
How does this process work?
First, simply email us at email@example.com and let us know you’re interested in writing articles for us.
In your email to us, please provide the following:
1. At least 3 writing examples of work that you feel best portrays not only your writing ability but your writing style. These can be blog posts, college or high school writing projects, freelance work or original work you created.
2. Your goals in writing for us. In other words, what are your career aspirations and what do you hope to gain in working with us?
3. How much time can you dedicate to writing for us? And, how many articles per week would/could you be willing to commit to.
If you are interested in gaining real world writing experience and getting your writing published, then reach out to us. It’s a win-win scenario for the both of us!